Scrolling through Instagram or reading diet books I am inspired by the before and afters. I am usually motivated by seeing successes. I love witnessing the amazing transformations. It helps me. It makes me believe I can get there too.
But I’m not before or after right now. I am in the during
I understand that change takes time, it takes patience, it takes consistency. You don’t get to Transformation Tuesday without dozens and dozens of Mundane Mondays. I am in the slog, the trenches. The results I want will only come after months/years of careful practice, intentional eating, deliberate movement. Oh, and water, a shit ton of water.
I am practicing a few of these mantras or affirmations. I am reminding myself that during is the whole ball game. Really we’re all in the during, even after the scale or size changes. Here are my affirmations today, about being present and patient in the during.
- Motivation is a firework. Motivation doesn’t last. Consistency is the main ingredient of everything you’ve ever accomplished.
- Big transformations in your health are a product of dozens of tiny decisions, made every hour.
- If you wander off the path it’s okay. Stop, turn around, and put one foot in front of the other until you’re back on that track you laid out for yourself.
- Meet the moment of temptation with a deep breath, a slow glass of water, and a reminder that you’re in control.
- Hunger isn’t an emergency. Food is available to you. You are blessed that this is so. And you can wait.